Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Halloween Countdown



A couple of days ago, I decided that I needed to make a Countdown to Halloween. I really wanted to get it done that night. So, I just had to make due with what I had at home. Here's a little tutorial.

You'll Need:
1 12x12 sheet of solid cardstock
apx. 2 sheets of 12x12 printed cardstock
2 or more different types of ribbon (not sure how much I used, sorry)
2 bottle caps
hot glue gun
paper trimmer
stickers or number/letter cut-outs
adhesive
hole punch

Directions:
1. Cut the printed cardstock into 2x3 rectangles. You'll need 12 rectangles.

2. Punch 2 holes in the top of the 12x12 cardstock, and 2 holes in the top of each rectangle.

3. Feed a large piece of ribbon in the holes of the large cardstock. Tie knots on each side. Also, feed ribbon in the holes of the rectangles. I tied these in one knot at the top.

4. Glue numbers 0-9 (plus an additional 1 and 2 for 22 days and 11 days) to each rectangle, and decarate your large cardstock with letters and stickers.

5. Place the rectangles where you would like them to lay on the finished calender. Hot glue the bottle caps in the appropriate place to hang the numbers from.

6. Hang on a door, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment