Search This Blog

Monday, May 30, 2011

Erik's Birthday

My nephew turns 8 tomorrow! To celebrate his mom threw him a birthday party at Murray Park yesterday. Unfortunately it was pretty cold out, but we still had a good time.

I was asked to make the invitations and cupcakes. They turned out pretty well. The invites aren't as nice as I would have liked, but for some reason I could NOT find my paper cutter! So, the edges are a little crooked.



For the cupcakes I used fondant for the stars and "Z's". I went to Orson Gygi to buy gel food coloring because I wanted them to be a vibrant red.... So much for that! They looked pink no matter how much food coloring I added. So, I ended up brushing on liquid food coloring with a cotton swab. In the end I got the desired effect, but man did it take forever to paint each star!

No comments:

Post a Comment