Search This Blog

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Key Lime Cupcakes




Before my sister asked me to make the sushi cake, I was already planning on making her some key lime cupcakes for her birthday. I found the recipe in a cookbook I have called "500 Cupcakes" It sounded so yummy I decided to make them as well.

They were the first cupcakes where I made the batter from scratch. The consistency of the batter was more like cookie dough. It tasted really good though. Which probably had a lot to do with the fact that there was a whole cup of butter in there.

One thing I did change about the recipe is the frosting. The recipe called for a meringue. I made a lime cream cheese frosting instead. I think that was a good decision because the cupcakes themselves weren't very sweet, and a meringue wouldn't have added much sweetness at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment