Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Kale Chips

The other day I was watching Ellen, and Gwenyth Paltrow was on the show. They talked a little bit about kale chips, and I was intrigued. Sounded yummy and interesting at the same time. I like kale and I know how healthy and nutritious it is. So, I thought I'd take a stab at making some myself.

First I ripped my kale into chip size pieces, rinsed it off and spun it in my salad spinner so that it was mostly dry. Then I lined a baking sheet with tin foil and spread the kale out. I could only fit about half of it on they sheet so that it was in a single layer.

Next I drizzled some olive oil over the kale and tossed it around so that it was evenly coated. I also added some garlic salt and tossed the kale again.

I put it in a 350 degree oven for ten minutes. I checked the kale and it wasn't quite as crunch as I wanted. So, I turned the kale over and put it in for another 3 minutes and it came out looking like this! A yummy and healthy snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment